Assessing the value of research in the chemical sciences [electronic resource] : report of a workshop / Chemical Sciences Roundtable, Board on Chemical Sciences and Technology, Commission on Physical Sciences, Mathematics, and Applications, National Research Council
- Washington, D.C. : National Academy Press, 1998.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 125 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- National Research Council (U.S.). Chemical Sciences Roundtable
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Measuring the Return on Investment in R&D: Voices from the Past, Visions of the Future / David A. Hounshell -- 2.The Sources of Commercial Technological Innovation / Don E. Kash -- Panel Discussion: Introductory Session -- 3.Assessing the Value of Research at IBM / Joseph M. Jasinski -- 4.Evaluating Materials Chemistry Research / James W. Mitchell -- 5.The Technology Value Pyramid / Trueman D. Parish -- Panel Discussion: Industrial Session -- 6.Patents and Publicly Funded Research / Francis Narin -- 7.Research as a Critical Component of the Undergraduate Educational Experience / K. Barbara Schowen -- 8.Scholarly Research: Oxymoron, Redundancy, or Necessity? / Jules B. LaPidus -- 9.Assessing University-Industrial Interactions / Richard K. Koehn -- Panel Discussion: Academic Session -- 10.Assessing the Value of Research at the Department of Energy: A Perspective from the Office of Basic Energy Sciences / Patricia M. Dehmer -- 11.Assessing the Value of Research at the National Science Foundation / Judith S. Sunley -- 12.National Institutes of Health Response to the Government Performance and Results Act / Mary Groesch -- Panel Discussion: Government Session.
- Presentations given at the workshop held Sept. 1997 in Washington, D.C.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 7791620