Bridge over troubled waters [electronic resource] : linking climate change and development / [editor, Shardul Agrawala ; contributors, Ahsan Uddin Ahmed ... et al.].
- Additional Titles:
- French title on t.p. verso: Contre vents et marées
- Paris : Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, c2005.
- Physical Description:
- 153 p. : ill. (some col.), maps (some col.) ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Agrawala, Shardul, 1970-
Ahmed, Ahsan Uddin
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- Environment, sustainable development, science
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Putting climate change in the development mainstream : introduction and framework -- Climate analysis -- Analysis of donor-supported activities and national plans --Climate change and natural resources management : key themes from case studies -- Bridging the gap between climate change and development.
- This book is the product of a collaborative effort between the OECD Environment and Development Cooperation directorates on mainstreaming responses to climate change in development planning and assistance. This volume synthesizes insights from six country case studies that review climate change impacts and vulnerabilities, analyze relevant national plans and aid investments in terms of their exposure and attention to climate risks, and examine in-depth key systems where climate change is closely intertwined with development and natural resource management. The case studies cover the Nepal Himalayas, Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, the Nile in Egypt, the Bangladesh Sundarbans, coastal mangroves in Fiji, and agriculture and forestry sectors in Uruguay.--Publisher's description.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 147-153).
View MARC record | catkey: 7796972