Case-based reasoning [electronic resource] : research and development : first international conference, ICCBR-95, Sesimbra, Portugal, October 23-26, 1995 : proceedings / Manuela Voloso, Agnar Aamodt, (eds.).
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- x, 576 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Voloso, Manuela
International Conference on Case-Based Reasoning (1st : 1995 : Sesimbra, Portugal)
- Lecture notes in computer science ; 1010. Lecture notes in artificial intelligence
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Machine generated contents note: Integration of case based retrieval with a relational database system in aircraft technical support / John G. Hughes / Jonathan R. C. Allen / David W. R. Patterson / Maurice D. Mulvenna -- Cost estimation of software projects through case base reasoning / Rossella Bisio / Fabio Malabocchia -- Operator decision aiding by adaptation of supervision strategies / Benoit Chiron / Alain Mille / Beatrice Fuchs -- PROFIL: A decision support tool for metallic sections design using a CBR approach / Aline Russeil / Frederic Geffraye / Jean Luc Wybo -- MacRad: Radiology image resource with a case-based retrieval system / Katarzyna J. Macura / Robert T. Macura -- Representing and indexing building refurbishment cases for multiple retrieval of adaptable pieces of cases / Farhi Marir / Ian Watson -- Large-scale fault diagnosis for on-board train systems / B. D. Netten / R. A. Vingerhoeds -- Case-based reasoning for expertise relocation in support of rural health workers in developing countries / Elisha T. O. Opiyo -- Spatial composition using cases: IDIOM / Ian Smith / Boi Faltings / Claudio Lottaz -- CBR and machine learning for combustion system design / Jutta Stehr -- KBS maintenance as learning two-tiered domain representation / Gennady Agre -- A case-based approach for developing writing tools aimed at non-native English users / Osvaldo N. Oliveira, Jr. / Sandra M. Aluisio -- Reasoning with reasons in case-based comparisons / Kevin D. Ashley / Bruce M. McLaren -- Towards the integration of case-based, schema-based and model-based reasoning for supporting complex design tasks / Brigitte Bartsch-Sporl -- Separating the cases from the data: Towards more flexible case-based reasoning / Mike Brown / Ian Watson / Nick Filer -- Route planning by analogy / Karen Zita Haigh / Manuela Veloso -- Case adaptation using an incomplete causal model / L. Karl Branting / Jeffrey A. Lockwood / John D. Hastings -- Evaluating the application of CBR in mesh design for simulation problems / Neil Hurley -- Case memory and retrieval based on the immune system / Denise E. Cooke / John E. Hunt / Horst Holstein -- Using case data to improve on rule-based function approximation / Sholom M. Weiss / Nitin Indurkhya -- Learning to improve case adaptation by introspective reasoning and CBR / David Wilson / David B. Leake / Andrew Kinley -- Retrieving cases in structured domains by using goal dependencies / Hector Munoz-Avila / Jochem Huellen -- An average-case analysis of k-nearest neighbor classifier / Seishi Okamoto / Ken Satoh -- Cases as terms: A feature term approach to the structured representation of cases / Enric Plaza -- ADAPtER: An integrated diagnostic system combining case-based and abductive reasoning / Luigi Portinale / Pietro Torasso -- Adaptation using constraint satisfaction techniques / Pearl Pu / Lisa Purvis -- Learning a local similarity metric for case-based reasoning / Paolo Avesani / Francesco Ricci -- Experiments on adaptation-guided retrieval in case-based design / Mark T. Keane / Barry Smyth -- Integrating rules and cases for the classification task / Koen Vanhoof / Jerzy Surma -- Reuse of knowledge: Empirical studies / Willemien Visser -- Weighting features / Dietrich Wettschereck / David W. Aha -- An investigation of marker-passing algorithms for analogue retrieval / Michael Wolverton -- INRECA: A seamlessly integrated system based on inductive inference and case-based reasoning / Klaus-Dieter Althoff / Ralph Traphoner / Michel Manago / Stefan Wess / Eric Auriol -- DOM-ArC: An active decision support system for quality assessment of cases / Wolfgang Oertel / Shirin Bakhtari -- A case-based reasoner adaptive to different cognitive tasks / Isabelle Bichindaritz -- On the use of CBR in optimisation problems such as the TSP / Barry Smyth / Padraig Cunningham / Neil Hurley -- Case-based diagnosis of multiple faults / Ralph Deters -- On the automatic generation of case libraries by chunking chess games / Stephen Flinter / Mark T. Keane -- Learning to refine indexing by introspective reasoning / David B. Leake / Susan Fox -- Problem solving with "The incredible machine": An experiment in case-based reasoning / Mehmet H. Goker / Herbert Birkhofer -- Integrating case-based reasoning and tabu search for solving optimisation problems / Stephan Grolimund / Jean-Gabriel Ganascia -- Systems, tasks and adaptation knowledge: Revealing some revealing dependencies / Barry Smyth / Padraig Cunningham / Kathleen Hanney / Mark T. Keane -- Some limitations of feature-based recognition in case-based design / Thomas R. Hinrichs -- A case based method for solving relatively stable dynamic constraint satisfaction problems / R. Miles / Y. Huang -- Learning strategies for explanation patterns: Basic game patterns with applications to chess / Yaakov Kerner -- A memory-based hierarchical planner / Deepak Khemani / P. V. S. R. Bhanu Prasad -- Case-based reasoning for cash flow forecasting using fuzzy retrieval / Suresh K. Khator / Rosina Weber Lee / Ricardo Miranda Barcia -- A connectionist indexing approach for CBR systems / Maria Malek -- Using a neural network to learn general knowledge in a case-based system / John A. Campbell / Shirley Borghetti / Eliseo Reategui -- "Fish and sink": An anytime-algorithm to retrieve adequate cases / Jorg Walter Schaaf -- Knowledge engineering for CBR systems from a cognitive science perspective / M. Knauff / D. Janetzko / A. Enzinger / G. Strube -- Towards using a single uniform metric in instance-based learning / Kai Ming Ting.
- 3540605983 (softcover : alk. paper)
- "Papers presented at the First International Conference on Case-Based Reasoning"--Pref.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7800244