Charting a course into the digital era [electronic resource] : guidance for NOAA's nautical charting mission / Committee on Nautical Charts and Information, Marine Board Commission on Engineering and Technical Systems, Mapping Science Committee Commission on Geosciences Environment and Resources, National Research Council
- Washington, D.C. : National Academy Press, 1994.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 133 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- National Research Council (U.S.). Committee on Nautical Charts and Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Overview of the Nautical Information System -- 2.User Needs for Nautical Information -- 3.Filling the Data Base: Data Collection -- 4.The Digital Nautical Data Base: From Paper Charts to Electronic Charts and Beyond -- 5.Nautical Information as a Component of a Marine Geographic Information System -- 6.Nautical Information Products and Their Dissemination: Toward a New Way of Doing Business -- 7.Resource Constraints: Removing the Barriers -- App. A: Biographies of Committee Members -- App. B: Other Agencies' Activities, Roles, Interests -- App. C-1: Nautical Chart and Information Survey -- App. C-2: Responses to Survey -- App. D: Workshop on the Future Needs of Users for Nautical Information -- App. E: Principles of Benefit-Cost Analysis Applied to Surveys -- App. F: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers' Experience -- App. G: Examples of Uses of Data by State Environmental Agencies.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 7802054