China in the world economy [electronic resource] : the domestic policy challenges
- Additional Titles:
- French title on t.p. verso : La chine l'economie mondiale: les enjeux de politique économique intérieure
- Paris : OECD, 2002.
- Physical Description:
- 813 pages : color illustrations ; 28 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Machine generated contents note: Ch. 1 Agricultural Prospects and Policies -- Ch. 2 Rural Industries -- Ch. 3 Implications for the Rural Economy -- Ch. 4 Overview of Industry Prospects -- Ch. 5 Industry Reorganisation and Restructuring: Prospects, Problems, and Policy Priorities -- Ch. 6 Technology Challenges for China's Industries -- Ch. 7 Challenges to China's Banking Industry -- Ch. 8 The Development of China's Insurance Industry -- Ch. 9 The Development of China's Distribution Sector -- Ch. 10 Foreign Direct Investment: Prospects and Policies -- Ch. 11 An OECD Perspective on Regulatory Reform in China -- Ch. 12 The Role of Competition Law and Policy -- Ch. 13 Establishing Effective Governance for China's Enterprises -- Ch. 14 Developing the Financial System and Financial Regulatory Policies -- Ch. 15 Priorities for Development of China's Capital Markets -- Ch. 16 Labour Market and Social Benefit Policies -- Ch. 17 Environmental Priorities for China's sustainable Development -- Ch. 18 The Current Tax System and Priorities for Reform -- Ch. 19 Public Sector Budget Management Issues -- Ch. 20 Issues Concerning Central-local Government Fiscal Relations -- Ch. 21 China's Regional Development: Prospects and Policies -- Ch. 22 Macroeconomic Policy Priorities to Realise the Benefits of Trade and Investment Liberalisation -- Annex I Summary of China's Commitments under WTO -- Annex II Summary of studies of the impact of WTO on China -- Annex III Managing rapid expansion of tertiary education provision.
- "Emerging economies transition."
"This study has been produced by a cross-directorate team led by Charles Pigott (Senior Economist for China in the Economics Department) under the supervision of Silvana Malle ... ; and has been co-ordinated by Frédéric Langer ..."--p. 6.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 7802532