Complementary and alternative medicine in the United States [electronic resource] / Committee on the Use of Complementary and Alternative Medicine by the American Public, Board on Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Corporate Author:
- Institute of Medicine (U.S.). Committee on the Use of Complementary and Alternative Medicine by the American Public
- Washington, DC : National Academies Press, c2005.
- Physical Description:
- xx, 337 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction -- Prevalence, cost, and patterns of use -- Contemporary approaches to evidence of treatment effectiveness : a context for CAM research -- Need for innovative designs in CAM (and conventional medicine) -- State of the emerging evidence -- An ethical framework for CAM research, practice, and policy -- Integration of CAM and conventional medicine -- Educational programs in CAM -- Dietary supplements -- Conclusion.
- 0309092701 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7804780