Computer viruses and other malicious software [electronic resource] : a threat to the Internet economy
- Paris : OECD, c2009.
- Physical Description:
- 244 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- pt. 1. The scope of malware. An overview of malware -- Malware attacks : why, when and how? -- Malware : why should we be concerned? -- pt. 2. The economics of malware. Cybersecurity and economic incentives -- Survey of market participants : what drives their security decisions? -- The market consequences of cybersecurity : defining externalities and ways to address them -- pt. 3. Malware : what can be done?. The role of end users, business and government -- What is already being done? -- Possible next steps.
- Malware attacks are increasing both in frequency and sophistication, thus posing a serious threat to the Internet economy and to national security. This book is a first step toward addressing the threat of malware in a comprehensive, global manner. It informs readers about malware -- its growth, evolution and countermeasures to combat it; presents new research into the economic incentives driving cyber-security decisions; and makes specific suggestions on how the international community can better work together to address the problem.--Publisher's description.
- 9789264056503 and 9264056505
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 231-244).
View MARC record | catkey: 7805646