Database and Expert Systems Applications [electronic resource] : 7th International Conference, DEXA '96, Zurich, Switzerland, September 9 - 13 , 1996. Proceedings / edited by Roland Wagner, Helmut Thoma
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 0302-9743 ; 1134
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Using multiversion object-oriented databases in CAD/CIM systems -- Building inheritance graphs in object database design -- An object oriented methodological approach for making automated prototyping feasible -- A color-based technique for measuring visible loss for use in image data communication -- Establishing arc consistency for multiple database views -- Using a query language to state consistency constraints for repositories -- Case studies on active database applications -- Temporal support for geo-data in object-oriented databases -- Deriving active rules for workflow enactment -- Employing object-based LSNs in a recovery strategy -- Scheduling adaptive transactions in real-time databases -- Applying similarity in concurrency control for real-time database application -- View maintenance in object-oriented databases -- Object-orientation based on semantic transformations -- Multimedia scenes in a database system -- An intelligent system for integrating autonomous nomenclature databases in semantic heterogeneity -- A graph-oriented data model -- Controlled decomposition strategy for complex spatial objects -- The complexity of weak unification of bounded simple set terms -- A formal approach for horizontal fragmentation in distributed deductive database design -- Composite events in NAOS -- GENREG: A historical data model based on event graphs -- Binary integrity constraints against confidentiality -- Building hypertext interfaces to existing relational databases -- An efficient join for nested relational databases -- Parallel relational database systems: Why, how and beyond -- Experiences in object-oriented modeling of a real database application -- Signatures of complex objects for query processing in OODB -- Formal specification, object oriented design, and implementation of an ephemeral logger for database systems -- Cooperative agents in DISCIM environment -- Mining type schemes in databases -- A query processing method for integrated access to multiple databases -- Situation diagrams -- Design, implementation and management of rules in an active database system -- OLAF: The GOAD Active Database event/rule tracer -- Co-working and management of federated information-clusters -- Transaction-based application integration in workflow management systems -- Coping with mismatched semantics of dependencies in workflow applications -- The design of an integrated information system -- Query optimization in the CROQUE project -- A process of Fuzzy query on new Fuzzy Object Oriented Data model -- A replication schema to support weak connectivity in mobile information systems -- Constraints and composite objects -- A system for the management of aggregate data -- Database access in mobile environments -- Counting-based normalization for multiple linear recursions -- Partial semantics for disjunctive deductive databases -- Optimizing path expressions using navigational algebraic operators -- Modeling object behavior: To use methods or rules or both? -- The object-oriented design of KROSS: An object-oriented spatial database system -- Applying language engineering techniques to the question support facilities in VIENA classroom -- Model of mobile objects -- Real-time transaction scheduling in database systems -- Performance evaluation of new clustering algorithm in object-oriented database systems -- On the computation of disjunctive stable models -- An algebra for a temporal object data model -- Significant checkpoint in distributed system -- An architecture for interoperation of distributed heterogeneous database systems -- Scheduling queries for parallel execution on multicomputer database management system -- Data replication in a distributed system: A performance study -- An ontology for linear spatial reasoning -- Designing knowledge-based systems for optimal performance -- Match algorithm for a real time expert system -- On-line reorganization of data in scalable continuous media servers -- Recovery in main memory database systems -- M-IVTT: An index for bitemporal databases -- Dictionary methods for cross-lingual information retrieval -- Personalized search support for networked document retrieval using link inference -- Using conceptual graphs in a multifaceted logical model for information retrieval -- Automatic classification of semantic concepts in view specifications -- A generic subsumption testing toolkit for knowledge base queries -- Performance evaluation of tree-based structures -- Global page replacement in spatial databases -- On the optimality of degree of declustering -- Design and evaluation of signature file organization incorporating vertical and horizontal decomposition schemes -- The automatic generation of hypertext links in legal documents -- Query processing and optimization for broadcast database -- Developments in the database and expert systems applications domain.
- This book constitutes the refereed proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications, DEXA '96, held in Zurich, Switzerland, in September 1996. The 77 revised full papers included were selected from a total of nearly 200 submissions. They report on a broad spectrum of advanced applications and the design of database and expert systems. Among the topics addressed are object-oriented databases, active databases, temporal databases, transactions and concurrency, relational databases, CSCW and workflow systems, parallel and distributed systems, expert systems, knowledge-based systems, and information retrieval.
- 9783540706519, 9783662175385 (print), and 9783540616566 (print)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 7809819