Depression in parents, parenting, and children [electronic resource] : opportunities to improve identification, treatment, and prevention / Committee on Depression, Parenting Practices, and the Healthy Development of Children, Board on Children, Youth, and Families, Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education, National Research Council and Institute of Medicine of the National Academies
- Corporate Author:
- National Research Council (U.S.). Committee on Depression, Parenting Practices, and the Healthy Development of Children
- Washington, D.C. : National Academies Press, c2009.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 470 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction and magnitude of the problem -- Approach to research and its evaluation -- The etiology of depression -- Associations between depression in parents and parenting, child health, and child psychological functioning -- Screening for depression in parents -- Treatment of depression in parents -- Prevention of adverse effects -- Working from the present to the future : lessons learned from current practice -- Strengthening systemic, workforce, and fiscal policies to promote research-informed practices -- Opportunities for innovative reforms and knowledge development.
- 9780309121781 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7810997