Down to earth [electronic resource] : geographic information for sustainable development in Africa / Committee on the Geographic Foundation for Agenda 21, Committee on Geography, Mapping Science Committee, Board on Earth Sciences and Resources, Division on Earth and Life Studies, National Research Council of the National Academies
- Washington, D.C. : National Academy Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 155 pages : illustrations (some color), color maps ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- National Research Council (U.S.). Committee on the Geographic Foundational for Agenda 21., National Research Council (U.S.). Committee on Geography, National Research Council (U.S.). Mapping Science Committee, and National Research Council (U.S.). Board on Earth Sciences and Resources
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Introduction -- 2.Agenda 21 Implementation: Progress, Challenges, and the Role of Geographic Information -- 3.Geographic Information Activities in Africa -- 4.Facilitating the Use of Geographic Data: Spatial Data and Telecommunications Infrastructures -- 5.Geographic Data for Sustainable Development I: Framework Data -- 6.Geographic Data for Sustainable Development II: Other Thematic Data -- 7.GIS-Based Decision-Support Systems in Africa -- 8.Building Capacity to Apply Geographic Information to Sustainable Development in Africa -- 9.Lessons Learned and Recommendations.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 7813927