A companion to biblical interpretation in early Judaism / edited by Matthias Henze
- Grand Rapids, Mich. : William B. Eerdmans Pub. Co., 2011.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 568 pages ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Henze, Matthias
- The beginnings of biblical interpretation / James L. Kugel -- Inner-biblical interpretation / Yair Zakovitch -- Translators as interpreters: scriptural interpretation in the Septuagint / Martin Rösel -- The interpretation of the Hebrew Bible in the targums / Edward M. Cook -- Biblical interpretation int the book of Jubilees: the case of the early Abram (Jub. 11:4-12:15) / Jacques van Ruiten -- The Genesis apocryphon: compositional and interpretive perspectives / Moshe J. Bernstein -- Biblical interpretation in Pseudo-Philo's Liber antiquarian biblicarum / Howard Jacobson -- The use of scripture in the Community rule / Shani Tzoref -- Prophetic interpretation in the Pesharim / George J. Brooke -- Biblical Interpretation in the Hodayot / Sarah J. Tanzer -- The use of scripture in the book of Daniel / Matthias Henze -- How to make sense of pseudonymous attribution: the cases of 4 Ezra and 2 Baruch / Hindy Najman (with Itamar Manoff and Eva Mroczek) -- The Testaments of the twelve patriarchs: a not-so-ambiguous witness to early Jewish interpretive practices / Robert Kugler -- Biblical interpretation in the book of Bin Sira / Benjamin G. Wright III -- Pseudo-Solomon and his scripture: biblical interpretation in the wisdom of Solomon / Peter Enns -- The interpreter of Moses: Philo of Alexandria and the biblical text / Gregory E. Sterling -- Josephus's biblical interpretation / Zuleika Rodgers -- Biblical exegesis and interpretation from Qumran to the rabbis / Aharon Shemesh.
- Presents eighteen commissioned articles on biblical exegesis in early Judaism, covering the period after the Hebrew Bible was written and before the beginning of rabbinic Judaism. --from publisher description
- 9780802803887 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0802803881 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7822311