Global perspectives for local action [electronic resource] : using TIMSS to improve U.S. mathematics and science education / a joint project of the Committee on Science Education K-12 and the Mathematical Sciences Education Board ; Continuing to Learn from TIMSS Committee, Center for Science, Mathematics, and Engineering Education, National Research Council
- Additional Titles:
- Using TIMSS to improve U.S. mathematics and science education
- Washington, D.C. : National Academy Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 90 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- National Research Council (U.S.). Committee on Science Education K-12.
National Research Council (U.S.). Mathematical Sciences Education Board
Center for Science, Mathematics, and Engineering Education. Continuing to Learn from TIMSS Committee
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Machine generated contents note: 1.What Is TIMSS? -- 2.What Does TIMSS Say About Student Achievement? -- 3.What Does TIMSS Say About The Mathematics And Science Curriculum? -- 4.What Does TIMSS Say About Instructional Practices? -- 5.What Does TIMSS Say About School Support Systems? -- 6.Frequently Asked Questions About TIMSS.
- "The Third International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS) raised the alarm about U.S. mathematics and science education. Most Americans are now aware that in mathematics and science achievement, U.S. students lag behind thier peers in other developed nations." "This comprehensive analysis of the TIMSS study provides insights into the TIMSS findings and practical information that local schools and districts can use to improve their mathematics and science programs." "This book will be of particular use to teachers, administrators, school board members, legislators, curriculum developers, teacher educators, and parents." --Book Jacket.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 7838071