Health and safety needs of older workers [electronic resource] / Committee on the Health and Safety Needs of Older Workers, Board on Behavioral, Cognitive, and Sensory Sciences, Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education, National Research Council and Institute of Medicine ; David H. Wegman and James P. McGee, editors
- Washington, D.C. : National Academies Press, c2004.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 301 p. : ill
- Additional Creators:
- Wegman, David H., McGee, J. (James), 1950-, National Research Council (U.S.). Committee on the Health and Safety Needs of Older Workers, and Institute of Medicine (U.S.)
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Demographic characteristics of the older workforce -- The role of the changing labor market and the changing nature of work in older workers' work experiences and health outcomes -- The social and economic context of work for older persons -- Physical and cognitive differences between older and younger workers -- Effects of workplace exposures on older workers -- Programs and policies related to the older workforce and safe work -- Interventions for older workers.
- 9780309091114 (hardcover) and 030909111X (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 231-278) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7840631