Keeping found things found [electronic resource] : the study and practice of personal information management / William Jones
- Jones, William P., 1952-
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 430 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 24 cm.
- The Morgan Kaufmann series in multimedia information and systems
The Morgan Kaufmann series in interactive technologies
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Foundations. A study and a practice ; A personal space of information ; A framework for personal information management -- Activities. Finding and re-finding: from need to information ; Keeping and organizing: from information to need ; Maintaining for now and for later ; Managing privacy and the flow of information ; Measuring and evaluating ; Making sense of things -- Solutions. Email disappears? ; Search gets personal ; PIM on the go ; PIM on the Web -- Conclusions. Bringing the pieces together ; Finding our way in(to) the future.
- "This book provides a comprehensive overview of personal information management (PIM) as both a study and a practice of the activities people do and need to be doing so that information can work for them In their daily lives." "Introductory chapters of Keeping Found Things Found: The Study and Practice of Personal Information Management provide an overview of PIM and a sense for its many facets. The next chapters look more closely at the essential challenges of PIM, including finding keeping, organizing, maintaining, managing privacy, and managing information flow. The book also contains chapters on search, email, mobile PIM, web-based support, and other technologies relevant to PIM." --Book Jacket.
- 9780123708663 (alk. paper)
0123708664 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 403-421) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7850796