Lectures on data security [electronic resource] : modern cryptology in theory and practice / Ivan Damgård (ed.).
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, 1999.
- Physical Description:
- 250 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Damgård, I. B. (Ivan Bjerre)
- Lecture notes in computer science, 1561
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Machine generated contents note: Practice-Oriented Provable Security / Mihir Bellare -- Introduction to Secure Computation / Ronald Cramer -- Commitment Schemes and Zero-Knowledge Protocols / Ivan Damgard -- Emerging Standards for Public-Key Cryptography / Burt S. Kaliski, Jr. -- Contemporary Block Ciphers / Lars R. Knudsen -- Primality Tests and Use of Primes in Public-Key Systems / Peter Landrock -- Signing Contracts and Paying Electronically / Torben P. Pedersen -- The State of Cryptographic Hash Functions / Bart Preneel -- The Search for the Holy Grail in Quantum Cryptography / Louis Salvail.
- "This tutorial volume is based on a summer school on cryptology and data security held in Aarhus, Denmark, in July 1998. The ten revised lectures presented are devoted to core topics in modern cryptology. In accordance with the educational objectives of the school, elementary introductions are provided to central topics, various examples are given of the problems encountered, and this is supplemented with solutions, open problems, and reference to further reading. The resulting book is ideally suited as an up-to-date introductory text for students and IT professionals interested in modern cryptology." --Book Jacket.
- 3540657576 (softcover)
View MARC record | catkey: 7852787