Limit Theorems for Markov Chains and Stochastic Properties of Dynamical Systems by Quasi-Compactness [electronic resource]
- Hennion, Hubert 1944-
- New York : Springer Oct. 2001
- Physical Description:
- VIII, 145 p. 23.500 x 015.500 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Herve, Loic 1963-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation This book shows how techniques from the perturbation theory of operators, applied to a quasi-compact positive kernel, may be used to obtain limit theorems for Markov chains or to describe stochastic properties of dynamical systems.A general framework for this method is given and then applied to treat several specific cases. An essential element of this work is the description of the peripheral spectra of a quasi-compact Markov kernel and of its Fourier-Laplace perturbations. This is first done in the ergodic but non-mixing case. This work is extended by the second author to the non-ergodic case.The only prerequisites for this book are a knowledge of the basic techniques of probability theory and of notions of elementary functional analysis.
3540424156 (Trade Paper)
- Audience Notes:
- Scholarly & Professional Springer
View MARC record | catkey: 7854471