Measuring Globalisation: OECD Economic Globalisation Indicators 2005 [electronic resource] / Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- Corporate Author:
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- Paris : OECD Publishing, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 198 p. : ill. ; 19x27cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Executive Summary -- Part I. International Transactions of OECD Countries -- A. International Trade and Investment Flows -- B. Foreign Direct Investment -- Part II. The Economic Activity of Multinationals -- C. The Activity of Multinationals in the Manufacturing Sector -- D. The Activity of Multinationals in the Services Sector -- E. Comparison between the Activity of Foreign Affiliates in the Manufacturing Sector and in the Services Sector -- F. The Contribution of Multinationals to Value Added and Labour Productivity in the Manufacturing and Services Sectors -- Part III. The Internationalisation of Technology -- G. The Internationalisation of Industrial R&D -- H. the International Diffusion of Technology -- Part IV. Aspects of Trade Globalisation -- I. Trends in International Trade in Goods and Services -- J. Intra-Frim Trade of Multinational Enterprises -- Annex. Main OECD Databases Used
- With over 250 graphs, Indicators of Economic Globalisation helps identify the economic activities of member countries that are under foreign control, and more particularly the contribution of multinational enterprises to growth, employment, productivity, labour compensation, research and development, technology diffusion and international trade. In so doing, it gauges the intensity and magnitude of the globalisation process, and sheds new light on financial, technological and trade interdependencies within OECD countries. This book includes Statlinks, URLs under the tables and graphs that link to spreadsheet files showing the underlying data.
- Other Edition:
View MARC record | catkey: 7868826