OECD Economic Surveys [electronic resource] : Canada - Volume 2004 Issue 16.
- Corporate Author:
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development Staff
- Washington : Organization for Economic Cooperation & Development, Jan. 2005. and Lanham : Bernan Associates.
- 2004th ed.
- Physical Description:
- 176 pages ; 23.000 x 0 cm.
- OECD Economic Surveys Ser ; 16
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation This survey of the Canadian economy considers a range of issues including: macroeconomic developments and key economic challenges; product market competition and economic performance; policies for enhancing productivity and labour utilisation; and measures for reinforcing the long-term sustainability of public finances. Findings include that Canada's economic performance has been solid with appropriate macroeconomic policies; although measures to improve product market competition could be strengthened. Obstacles to capital growth and investment in human capital should be addressed, and policies should be adjusted where employment disincentives are identified. The long-term sustainability of public finances need to be closely monitored across all levels of government.
- 9789264006904 and 9264006907 (Trade Paper)
- Audience Notes:
- Scholarly & Professional Organization for Economic Cooperation & Development
View MARC record | catkey: 7868897