OECD Economic Surveys Russian Federation Volume 2004 Issue 11 [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development Staff
- Washington : Organization for Economic Cooperation & Development, Sept. 2004.
Lanham : Bernan Associates.
- Physical Description:
- 263 pages ; 23.000 x 0 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation Issues discussed in the OECD's economic survey of the Russian Federation include: macroeconomic developments and key economic challenges; the factors driving post-crisis growth and the challenge of sustainability, the socio-economic impact on the Russian population and structural reform challenges; industrial competitiveness and labour productivity; the natural gas sector, pricing, investment needs and sector reforms; the electricity sector, restructuring and reform plans; the banking sector, reform initiatives, the commercial banking environment and the future of state-owned banks. Overall, the survey finds that the Russian economy has the potential to sustain strong growth over the long term, but this will require continued macroeconomic discipline and further structural reforms in a number of areas, not only in the energy and banking sectors, but also in relation to health and education, competition policy and trade issues, and the environment.
9264016341 (Trade Paper)
- Audience Notes:
- Scholarly & Professional Organization for Economic Cooperation & Development
View MARC record | catkey: 7869018