OECD territorial reviews. Copenhagen, Denmark [electronic resource].
- Additional Titles:
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Paris : OECD, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 289 pages : color illustrations, color maps ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Merk, Olaf and Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The competitiveness of Copenhagen -- Policies to strengthen competitiveness -- Metropolitan governance in Copenhagen.
- The Copenhagen metropolitan region accounts for nearly half of Denmark's national output and plays a key role for the country as a whole. Nevertheless, it has witnessed only modest economic growth over the last decade. This review of metropolitan area policy for Copenhagen examines key challenges including modest economic growth, scarcity of skilled workers and barriers to research and development. The report also examines how public institutions affect regional economic growth. Issues considered include: inter-municipal co-operation, local finance, public management, political leadership, and coordination mechanisms between the central government and the region.--Publisher's description.
- 9789264060029 (pbk.) and 9264060022 (pbk.)
- "This Review was co-ordinated and drafted by Olaf Merk"--Acknowledgements.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 261-289).
View MARC record | catkey: 7869535