The impact of immigration on children's development / volume editor, Cynthia Garcia-Coll
- Basel ; New York : Karger, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- ix, 153 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- García Coll, Cynthia T.
- Contributions to human development ; v. 24
- Introduction: the global, the local-- children and immigration around the world / C. Garcia Coll -- Quiet in the eye of the beholder: teacher perceptions of Asian immigrant children / Y. Yamamoto, J. Li -- The impact of social contexts in schools: adolescents who are new to Canada and their sense of belonging / M.H. Gagné, J.D. Shapka, D.M. Law -- Are immigrant children in Italy better adjusted than mainstream Italian children? / R. Dimitrova, A. Chasiotis -- Ethnic identity, acculturation orientations, and psychological well-being among adolescents of immigrant background in Kenya / A. Abubakar ... [et al.] -- Immigrant youth adaptation in context: the role of society of settlement / D.L. Sam, G. Horenczyk -- Examining spiritual capital and acculturation across ecological systems: developmental implications for children and adolescents in diverse immigrant families / S.S. Oh, H. Yoshikawa -- Immigrant youth and discrimination / P. Vedder, M. van Geel -- Immigrant family separations: the experience of separated, unaccompanied, and reunited youth and families / C. Suárez-Orozco, M.G. Hernández.
- 9783805597982 (hbk. : alk. paper), 3805597983 (hbk. : alk. paper), 9783805597999 (electronic version), and 3805597991 (electronic version)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 7870492