Advanced hybrid vehicle powertrains, 2011 / [Alexander T. Zaremba and Mark Jennings . . . [and others]].
- Conference Author:
- Powertrain Electric Motors Symposium (2011 : Indianapolis, Ind)
- Warrendale, PA : SAE International, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume (unpaged in looseleaf binder) : illustrations, charts ; 28 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Society of Automotive Engineers
- SP ; 2308
[SAE technical paper series] ; 2011-01-0858 [through] 2011-01-0894
- 2011-01-0894. Design of an Optimal Control Strategy in a Parallel Hybrid Vehicle in Order to Simultaneously Reduce Fuel Consumption and Emissions / Dorri, M. and Shamekhi, A. -- 2011-01-0893. Determining Most Energy Efficient Cooling Control Strategy of a Rechargeable Energy Storage System / Buford, K., Williams, J., and Simonini, M. -- 2011-01-0892. Development of an Energy Management Strategy for Plug-in Series Hybrid Electric Vehicle Based on the Prediction of the Future Driving Cycles by ICT Technologies and Optimized Maps / Donateo, T., Pacella, D., and Laforgia, D. -- 2011-01-0891. The Impact of Regenerative Braking on the Powertrain-Delivered Energy Required for Vehicle Propulsion. / Sovran, G. -- 2011-01-0890. The Application of the Milner CVT as a Novel Power Splitting Transmission for Hybrid Vehicles / Moyers, J., Akehurst, S., Parker, D., and Schaaf, S. -- 2011-01-0889. 2010 North American Light Duty Vehicle Assessment: The Ten Most Efficient Powertrains, The Ten Lowest Energy Consumption Chassis / Hochgraf, C. -- 2011-01-0888. Hybrid Electric Vehicle Powertrain and Control Strategy Optimization to Maximize the Synergy with a Gasoline HCCI Engine / Lawler, B., Ortiz-Soto, E., Gupta, R., Peng, H. et al. -- 2011-01-0887. The GM “Voltec” 4ET50 Multi-Mode Electric Transaxle / Miller, M., Holmes, A., Conlon, B., and Savagian, P. -- 2011-01-0886. Effect of First Cycle Fuel Injection Timing on Performance of a PFI Engine during Quick Start for HEV Application / Deng, J., Zhang, Y., Hu, Z., Wu, Z. et al. -- 2011-01-0885. Characterizing One-day Missions of PHEVs Based on Representative Synthetic Driving Cycles / Lee, T., Baraket, Z., Gordon, T., and Filipi, Z. -- 2011-01-0884. Development of a Parallel Hybrid System for RWD Vehicles / Hayasaki, K., Abe, T., Tanishima, K., and Chujo, K. -- 2011-01-0883. Development of Two-Mode Hybrid Powertrain with Enhanced EV Capability / Yang, H., Smith, A., Swales, S., and Maguire, J. -- 2011-01-0882. Ratio-Metric Hesitation Fuel Detection and Compensation in Power Split Hybrid Electric Vehicles / Martin, D. and Badillo, E. -- 2011-01-0881. Test Correlation Framework for Hybrid Electric Vehicle System Model / Meng, Y., Jennings, M., Tsou, P., Brigham, D. et al. -- 2011-01-0880. An Iterative Markov Chain Approach for Generating Vehicle Driving Cycles / Gong, Q., Midlam-Mohler, S., Marano, V., and Rizzoni, G. -- 2011-01-0878. Development of the Chevrolet Volt Portable EVSE / Argote, T. and Kissel, G. -- 2011-01-0876. Kinematic Study of the GM Front-Wheel Drive Two-Mode Transmission and the Toyota Hybrid System THS-II Transmission / Meisel, J. -- 2011-01-0875. A Statistical Approach to Assess the Impact of Road Events on PHEV Performance using Real World Data / Tulpule, P., Marano, V., Rizzoni, G., McGee, R. et al. -- 2011-01-0874. Development of Toyota Plug-In Hybrid System / Komatsu, M. and Takaoka, T. -- 2011-01-0873. Comparison between Rule-Based and Instantaneous Optimization for a Single-Mode, Power-Split HEV / Kim, N. and Rousseau, A. -- 2011-01-0872. PHEV Energy Management Strategies at Cold Temperatures with Battery Temperature Rise and Engine Efficiency Improvement Considerations / Shidore, N., Rask, E., Vijayagopal, R., Jehlik, F. et al. -- 2011-01-0871. A Novel Air Hybrid Engine Configuration Utilizing Cam-Based Valvetrain / Fazeli, A., Khajepour, A., Devaud, C., and Pournazeri, M. -- 2011-01-0870. Controls Development for Clutch-Assisted Engine Starts in a Parallel Hybrid Electric Vehicle / Smith, A., Bucknor, N., Yang, H., and He, Y. -- 2011-01-0869. A Study on Fuel Economy and Low Emission Development of LPI HEV (SULEV) to Meet Stringent Emission Regulations / Kim, I., Huh, J., Choi, Y., Nam, Y. et al. -- 2011-01-0868. Energy Management Options for an Electric Vehicle with Hydraulic Regeneration System / Woon, M., Lin, X., Ivanco, A., Moskalik, A. et al. -- 2011-01-0867. On Board Jump Start for Belted Alternator Starter Hybrids / Gibbs, J. and Tabor, T. -- 2011-01-0866. Communication Requirements for Plug-In Electric Vehicles / Scholer, R., Mepham, D., Girimonte, S., Oliver, D. et al. -- 2011-01-0865. Development of Hybrid System for 2011 Compact Sedan / Fukui, T. and Saito, T. -- 2011-01-0864. Alternative Plug in Hybrid Electric Vehicle Utility Factor / Bradley, T. and Davis, B. -- 2011-01-0863. Drive Cycle Analysis, Measurement of Emissions and Fuel Consumption of a PHEV School Bus / Barnitt, R. and Gonder, J. -- 2011-01-0862. Design of a Dedicated Range Extender Engine / Bassett, M., Thatcher, I., Bisordi, A., Hall, J. et al. -- 2011-01-0861. Analytical Evaluation of Propulsion System Architectures for Future Urban Vehicles / Atluri, V., Koprubasi, K., Gupta, R., and Brinkman, N. -- 2011-01-0860. Vehicle System Controls for a Series Hybrid Powertrain / Wang, Q., Liang, W., Kuang, M., and McGee, R. -- 2011-01-0858. Purge Modeling for New Propulsion System Technology Applications / Zaremba, A. and Jennings, M.
- The 34 technical papers in this collection focus on advanced hybrid vehicle powertrains and were presented at the Powertrain Electric Motors Sumposium on March 23, 2011. Topics covered include: design and development of a hybrid engine powered fuel efficient urban car; alternative plug in hybrid electric vehicle utility factors; on board jump start for belted alternator starter hybrids; weather, traffic and road condition impact on velocity profile using real world data; development of parallel hybrid system for RWD vehicle; and more.
- Papers from the Advanced Hybrid Vehicle Powertrain session held during the SAE 2010 World Congress.
Published April 12, 2011.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also published as a book in SP series
- Source of Acquisition:
- Engineering copy: Purchased with funds from the J. Harvey Fahnestock Endowment for Scientific, Engineering and Rare Books; 2011.
View MARC record | catkey: 7870667