Shakespeare's villains [electronic resource] / by Maurice Charney
- Charney, Maurice
- Madison [N.J.] : Fairleigh Dickinson University Press ; Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Pub. Group, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xix, 156 pages)
- Acknowledgments; Introduction; Chapter 01. Iago; Chapter 02. Tarquin and Aaron; Chapter 03. Richard, Duke of Gloucester; Chapter 04. Shylock; Chapter 05. Claudius; Chapter 06. Macbeth; Chapter 07. Edmund, Goneril, and Regan; Chapter 08. Angelo; Chapter 09. Tybalt; Chapter 10. Calumniators; Chapter 11. Tyrants; Conclusion; Bibliography; Index;
- "Shakespeare's Villains is a close reading of Shakespeare's plays to investigate the nature of evil. Charney closely considers the way that dramatic characters are developed in terms of language, imagery, and nonverbal stage effects. With chapters on Iago, Tarquin, Aaron, Richard Duke of Glaucester, Shylock, Claudius, Polonius, Macbeth, Edmund, Goneril, Regan, Angelo, Tybalt, Don John, Iachimo, Lucio, Julius Caesar, Leontes, and Duke Frederick, this book is the first comprehensive study of the villains in Shakespeare"--provided by publisher.
- 9781611474985 (electronic bk.)
1611474981 (electronic bk.)
- Description based upon print version of record.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7870780