The big book of slow cooker, casseroles & more / Betty Crocker
- Crocker, Betty
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley Pub., 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 335 pages : color illustrations ; 23 cm
- Hearty soups, stews & chilies -- Sizzling skillets & stir-fries -- Casseroles & other one-dish -- Meals -- Main dish favorites -- Hearty sides -- Dazzling desserts.
- "Betty Crocker Big Book of Slow Cooker, Casseroles, and More! combines slow cooker, comfort food and one dish meals into one big compendium, with a focus on ease and convenience, answering consumer demand for simple mealtime solutions in an affordable, high-value package.This book collects favorite recipes Betty Crocker readers have come to trust for simple solutions for home-cooked meals and modern twists to comfort food classics. Every recipe delivers on this no-fuss promise, utilizing convenience appliances such as a slow cooker, or only one essential pot or pan, like a casserole dish or skillet, to get dinner on the table quickly and efficiently. More than 250 no-fuss recipes, from comforting casseroles and pasta favorites to hearty soups and stews and light and fresh accompaniments, with beautiful 4-color photos throughout. Bonus dessert and appetizer chapters offer clever ideas for holiday and entertaining meals. Special features in each chapter will offer valuable advice on making crowd-pleasing dishes for entertaining, big batch cooking ideas, clever ways to use up leftovers, and I-didn't-know-I-could-do-that snacks and drinks made with a slow cooker. Icons to highlight vegetarian dishes and super-fast recipes that can be prepared in 30 minutes or less. Introductory section will include helpful tips and information on optimizing a slow cooker, make-ahead recipe suggestions, and ways to speed up dinnertime prep."--
- 9780470878408 (pbk.) and 0470878401 (pbk.)
- Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7871857