Practical embedded security [electronic resource] : building secure resource-constrained systems / by Timothy Stapko
- Stapko, Timothy John
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier/Newnes, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 280 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Machine generated contents note: Ch. 1 Computer security introduction and review -- Ch. 2 Network communications protocols and built-in security -- Ch. 3 Security protocols and algorithms -- Ch. 4 The secure sockets layer -- Ch. 5 Embedded security -- Ch. 6 Wireless -- Ch. 7 Application-layer and client/server protocols -- Ch. 8 Choosing and optimizing cryptographic algorithms for resource-constrained systems -- Ch. 9 Hardware-based security -- Ch. 10 Conclusion - miscellaneous security issues and the future of embedded applications security -- Ch. 11 PIC case study.
- "This book builds upon the basics of computer security and optimizes it for embedded systems. Often embedded systems are resource-constrained systems and therefore, may not have the power to implement robust security. The author takes on this problem, guiding embedded designers, programmers, and engineers on how to build secure, low-cost, and resource-constrained systems." --Book Jacket.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7878635