Preventing violence, war and state collapse [electronic resource] : the future of conflict early warning and response
- Additional Titles:
- At head of title: Conflict and fragility
- Paris : OECD, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 133 pages : color illustrations, color maps ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- A short contemporary history of conflict early warning -- The range of early warning tools and systems -- Is early early? A review of response mechanisms and instruments -- Future directions for early warning and early response -- Conclusions and recommendations -- Compendium of surveyed early warning systems and early response mechanisms/instruments.
- Based on a review of the literature on early warning and response, as well as inputs from surveyed agencies, this publication assesses the value and role of early warning for the prevention of violent conflict and identifies the most effective early warning and response systems. It concludes with a set of recommendations for policy makers in donor and partner countries in influencing future developments in this field.--Publisher's description.
- Also available in French under the title: Prévenir la violence, la guerre et l'effondrement des États.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 105-107).
View MARC record | catkey: 7879473