Racial and ethnic differences in the health of older Americans [electronic resource] / Linda G. Martin and Beth J. Soldo, editors ; Committee on Population, Commission on Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education, National Research Council
- Washington, D.C. : National Academy Press, 1997.
- Physical Description:
- x, 300 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Martin, Linda G., 1947-
Soldo, Beth J.
National Research Council (U.S.). Committee on Population
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Introduction / Beth J. Soldo / Linda G. Martin -- 2.Racial and Ethnic Differences in Mortality at Older Ages / Irma T. Elo / Samuel H. Preston -- 3.Health and Disability Differences among Racial and Ethnic Groups / Kenneth G. Manton / Eric Stallard -- 4.Race, Socioeconomic Status, and Health in Late Life / James P. Smith / Raynard S. Kington -- 5.How Health Behaviors and the Social Environment Contribute to Health Differences Between Black and White Older Americans / Lisa F. Berkman / Jewel M. Mullen -- 6.Black-White Differences in the Use of Medical Care by the Elderly: A Contemporary Analysis / Frank W. Puffer / Jose J. Escarce -- 7.Are Genetic Factors Involved in Racial and Ethnic Differences in Late-Life Health / James V. Neel -- 8.Differences in Rates of Dementia Between Ethno-Racial Groups / Barry Gurland / David Wilder / Rafael Lantigua -- 9.Cardiovascular Disease among Elderly Asian Americans / Katsukiko Yano / Dwayne Reed.
- 0309054893 (pbk.)
- Revised versions of some of the papers originally presented at a workshop held Dec. 1994 in Washington.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 7882932