Engineered barrier systems (EBS) in the safety case [electronic resource] : design confirmation and demonstration : workshop proceedings, Tokyo, Japan, 12-15 September 2006
- Additional Titles:
- Engineered barrier systems in the safety case
- Paris, France : Nuclear Energy Agency, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 148 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- OECD Nuclear Energy Agency
- Radioactive waste management
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction -- Workshop objectives and structure -- Working group findings.
- These proceedings present the main findings from, and the papers delivered at, the fourth NEA-EC workshop on Engineered Barrier Systems (EBS), which took place in Tokyo, Japan, in September 2006. This final workshop of the series focused on strategies and methods to demonstrate that EBS designs will fulfill the relevant requirements for long-term safety, engineering feasibility and quality assurance. The workshop highlighted that large-scale experiments have confirmed the feasibility of techniques for manufacturing and installing engineered components in disposal systems and have also provided valuable lessons to improve designs and refine practical aspects to construct and implement EBS. --Publisher's description.
- "NEA No. 6257."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 7882994