Setting the stage for international spent nuclear fuel storage facilities [electronic resource] : international workshop proceedings / Glenn Schweitzer and Kelly Robbins, editors ; Committee on Issues in Consolidating Spent Nuclear Fuel at International Storage Sites, Office for Central Europe and Eurasia, Development, Security, and Cooperation, Policy and Global Affairs, National Research Council of the National Academies in cooperation with the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Corporate Author:
- National Research Council (U.S.). Committee on Issues in Consolidating Spent Nuclear Fuel at International Storage Sites
- Washington, D.C. : National Academies Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- x, 117 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Schweitzer, Glenn E., 1930-
National Research Council (U.S.). Office for Central Europe and Eurasia
National Academies Press (U.S.)
Rossiĭskai͡a akademii͡a nauk
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- In May 2003, the Russian Academy of Sciences and the National Academies organized an international workshop in Moscow on the scientific issues relevant to the establishment and operation of an international spent nuclear fuel storage facility in Russia. Given the broad international interest in this topic, the academies organized a second international workshop on important issues that were not on the agenda or were not adequately discussed at the first workshop. These issues included international monitoring at the facility, transportation requirements, liability and insurance concerns, and status of Russian legislation and regulations that are important in locating and operating a facility. Relevant experience from Europe, the United States, and Asia was also considered in this 2005 workshop. This book contains the papers presented at the 2005 workshop sessions, as well as proceedings from the 2003 workshop. Together they provide an overview of the issues, and useful background for those organizations and individuals involved in further development of an international spent nuclear fuel storage facility in Russia.
- 9780309119610 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 7890304