Structural health monitoring with piezoelectric wafer active sensors [electronic resource] / Victor Giurgiutiu
- Giurgiutiu, Victor
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Academic Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- x, 747 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Introduction -- 2.Electroactive and Magnetoactive Materials -- 3.Vibration of Solids and Structures -- 4.Vibration of Plates -- 5.Elastic Waves in Solids and Structures -- 6.Guided Waves -- 7.Piezoelectric Wafer Active Sensors -- 8.Tuned Waves Generated with Piezoelectric Wafer Active Sensors -- 9.High-Frequency Vibration SHM with PWAS Modal Sensors: The Electromechanical (E/M) Impedance Method -- 10.Wave Propagation SHM with PWAS -- 11.In-Situ Phased Arrays with Piezoelectric Wafer Active Sensors -- 12.Signal Processing and Pattern Recognition for PWAS based Structural Health Monitoring -- Appendix A Mathematical Prerequisites -- Appendix B Elasticity Notations and Equations.
- "Structural Health Monitoring (SHM) is the interdisciplinary engineering field devoted to the monitoring and assessment of structural health and durability. SHM technology integrates remote sensing, smart materials, and computer-based knowledge systems to allow engineers see how built-up structures are performing over time. It is particularly useful for remotely monitoring large infrastructure systems, such as bridges and dams, and high-profile mechanical systems such as aircraft, spacecraft, ships, offshore structures and pipelines where performance is critical but onsite monitoring is difficult or even impossible. Structural Health Monitoring with Piezoelectric Wafer Active Sensors is the first comprehensive textbook to provide background information, theoretical modeling, and experimental examples on the principal technologies involved in SHM." "This textbook can be used for both teaching and research. It not only provides students, engineers and other interested technical specialists with the foundational knowledge and necessary tools for understanding modern sensing materials and systems, but also shows them how to employ this knowledge in actual engineering situations." --Book Jacket.
- 9780120887606 (alk. paper)
0120887606 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 699-710) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7895448