The Oxford handbook of personality and social psychology / edited by Kay Deaux, Mark Snyder
- New York : Oxford University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 858 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Deaux, Kay and Snyder, Mark
- Personality and social psychology: crossing boundaries and integrating perspectives / Mark Snyder and Kay Deaux -- The intertwined histories of personality and social psychology / Thomas F. Pettigrew and Frances Cherry -- Perspectives on the person: rapid growth and opportunities for integration / William Fleeson -- Perspectives on the situation / Harry T. Reis and John G. Holmes -- Behavior and behavior assessment / Janice R. Kelly and Christopher R. Agnew -- Neuroscience approaches in social and personality psychology / David M. Amodio and Eddie Harmon-Jones -- Evolutionary perspectives / Steven W. Gangestad -- Context in person, person in context: a cultural psychology approach to social-personality psychology / Glenn Adams -- Conceptual and methodological issues in the analysis of data from Dyads and groups / Deborah A. Kashy and M. Brent Donnellan -- Multilevel modeling in personality and social psychology / Oliver Christ, Chris G. Sibley, and Ulrich Wagner -- Self and identity: dynamics of persons and their situations / Jennifer Crocker and Amy Canevello -- Motivation and goal pursuit: integration across the social/personality divide / Julie K. Norem -- Five new ideas about emotion and their implications for social-personality psychology / Gerald L. Clore and Michael D. Robinson -- Initial impressions of others / James S. Uleman and S. Adil Saribay -- Attitudes and persuasion / Icek Ajzen -- From help-giving to helping relations: belongingness and independence in social interaction / Arie Nadler -- Antisocial behavior in individuals and groups: an empathy-focused approach / Emanuele Castano -- Personality and social interaction: interpenetrating processes / Rodolfo Mendoza-Denton and Özlem Ayduk -- Attachment theory expanded: a behavioral systems approach / Mario Mikulincer and Phillip R. Shaver -- Person-by-situation perspectives on close relationships / Jeffry A. Simpson and Heike A. Winterheld -- Personality influences on group processes: the past, present, and future / Craig D. Parks -- Intergroup processes: from prejudice to positive relations between groups / Linda R. Tropp and Ludwin E. Molina -- Personality, social psychology, and psychopathology: reflections on a Lewinian vision / Philip R. Costanzo, Rick H. Hoyle, and Mark R. Leary -- Individual and societal well-being / Shigehiro Oishi -- Multiculturalism: cultural, social, and personality processes / Verónica Benet-Martínez -- Personality and social contexts as sources of change and continuity across the life span / Abigail J. Stewart and Kay Deaux -- Leadership: a person-in-situation perspective / Daan van Knippenberg -- Work and organizations: contextualizing personality and social psychology / David V. Day and Deidra J. Schleicher -- A person x intervention strategy approach to understanding health behavior / Alexander J. Rothman and Austin S. Baldwin -- Forensic personality and social psychology / Saul Kassin and Margaret Bull Kovera -- The psychology of collective action / Lauren E. Duncan -- Social policy: barriers and opportunities for personality and social psychology / Allen M. Omoto -- Personality and social psychology: the state of the union / Kay Deaux and Mark Snyder.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7911955