The critical development studies handbook : tools for change / edited by Henry Veltmeyer
- Black Point, Nova Scotia : Fernwood ; London ; New York : Pluto Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 306 pages ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Veltmeyer, Henry
- Introduction -- Brining history back in -- Thinking critically about development -- A system in crisis -- The international dimension -- Class, state and development -- The poverty problematic -- Towards a new paradigm -- Power and development : class and gender matters -- Culture, knowledge and education for development -- Agrarian transformation and rural development -- Capitalism, labour and development -- Nature, energy and development -- Development on the margins -- Looking behind and moving forward.
- "This handbook is a guide to 'critical development studies' (CDS)--the study of international development from the standpoint of social change, a critical perspective. As such the handbook provides a set of tools for entering and understanding the nature and scope of the interdisciplinary field of development studies. It is organized as a set of 50 short course modules. Each module is written by a well-known research specialist in the area; and each (a) identifies the six most critical questions or research theme in a particular area of CDS, (b) provides a succinct discussion of the central issues that surround these questions, and (c) makes substantive references to the most essential readings that explore these issues."--pub. desc.
- 9781552663806 (pbk.) (Fernwood), 1552663809 (pbk.) (Fernwood), 9781552663868 (Fernwood), 1552663868 (Fernwood), 9780745331232 (pbk.) (Pluto), 0745331238 (pbk.) (Pluto), 9780745331249 (Pluto), and 0745331246 (Pluto)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 261-301) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7912091