Leadership and learning / edited by Jan Robertson and Helen Timperley
- Los Angeles, Calif. : Sage, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 245 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Robertson, Jan (Jan M.) and Timperley, Helen
- Foreword / Geoff Whitty -- Section I : Exploring models for leadership and improvement. Establishing platforms for leadership and learning / Helen Timperley and Jan Robertson ; The layering of leadership / Christopher Day ; How effective leaders reduce educational disparities / Russell Bishop ; Leadership and student learning : what works and how / Kenneth Leithwood ; Leadership and Student learning outcomes / Philip Hallinger and Ronald H. Heck ; Connecting leadership and learning / Geoff Southworth ; Realizing the potential of system leadership / David Hopkins -- Section II : Challenges in developing learning-focused leadership. Leading professional learning communities/ Louise Stoll ; Leading teachers' professional learning / Helen Timperley ; Leadership and student outcomes : are secondary schools unique? / Viviane M. J. Robinson, Linda Bendikson and John Hattie ; Instructional leadership : teacher level / Helen Wildy and Simon Clarke -- Section III : Broadening ideas of learning and knowledge development. A distributed perspective on learning leadership/ James P. Spillane ... [et al.] ; Leadership and diversity / Marianne Coleman ; Educators as knowledge leaders / Lorna Earl and Lynne Hannay ; Why the study of emotion matters in school leadership / Megan Crawford ; Partnership in leadership and learning / Jan Robertson ; Fusion and the future of leadership / Andy Hargreaves.
- Bringing together internationally recognized scholars such as Andy Hargreaves, Megan Crawford and Lorna Earl, this book focuses on the relationship between leadership and learning. It draws together a wealth of knowledge and evidence in the field, including: effective leadership practices across a variety of contexts, such as system leadership, professional learning communities and leading different cultures; expert commentaries on research, practice and theory; overviews of international research evidence on leadership and learning. --Publisher description.
- 9781849201742 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 8020829