Fall color [videorecording] : trees of the eastern forests / by C. Ritchie Bell & Anne H. Lindsey in collaboration with David H. Ramsey, Industrial Video & Photography. Woodland harvests of the eastern forests / by: C. Ritchie Bell, Anne H. Lindsey
- Additional Titles:
- Videodisc label and container title: Fall color trees ; & Woodland harvests of the eastern forests
- Chapel Hill, NC : Laurel Hill Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (85 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Bell, C. Ritchie
Lindsey, Anne H.
Ramsey, David H.
Kuralt, Charles, 1934-1997
Industrial Video & Photography, Inc
Laurel Hill Press
- A Laurel Hill Press natural history video
- "Fall Color:" Chronicles the annual color changes in the eastern deciduous forests. Begins with a full explanation for fall color and illustrates 45 tree species that play a major role in producing striking fall color from Maine to Georgia. "Woodland Harvests:" Introduces the natural harvests of the eastern woodlands that are essential to wildlife and are also often beautiful in their own right, with interesting facts about plant uses and biology and discussions of major seed dispersal mechanisms, searchable from the menus. A total of 112 species are also searchable from the menus.
- Related Titles:
- Woodland harvests of the eastern forests
- "Fall Color" originally produced in 1993; "Woodland Harvests" originally produced in 1996.
Durations: "Fall Color," 30 min.; "Woodland Harvests," 55 min.
Extras, "Fall Color:" Formal list of trees with scientific names and leaf silhouettes (plus printable pdf file); drawings of leaf characters important in identifying trees; fall color facts (printable pdf); article, "Greatest Show" (printable pdf). Extras, "Woodland Harvests:" List of common and scientific names for all species in order of their appearance (plus printable pdf file); note on fruit and flower biology, "fruit notes;" slide series on "The Wood Harvest;" interesting facts about wood article, "The Woodland Harvest" (printable pdf).
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- "Fall Color:" Original music by Clark Jones. "Woodland Harvests:" Photography by Anne H. Lindsey and David H. Ramsey ; original music by Scott Pearson.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narration, Charles Kuralt (Woodland harvests).
- Technical Details:
- No public performance rights. Classroom instruction and home use permitted.
View MARC record | catkey: 8020889