Advances in ceramic armor V [electronic resource] : a collection of papers presented at the 33rd International Conference on Advanced Ceramics and Composites, January 18-23, 2009, Daytona Beach, Florida / edited by Jeffrey J. Swab
- Conference Author:
- International Conference on Advanced Ceramics and Composites (33rd : 2009 : Daytona Beach, Fla.)
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley/John Wiley, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 234 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Swab, Jeffrey J.
American Ceramic Society
- Ceramic engineering and science proceedings ; v. 30, issue 5
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Fragmentation of ceramics in the ballistic environment / Dennis E. Grady -- Flow behavior of glass at the tip of a penetrator / D.A. Shockey ... [et al.] -- Rheology of powder and porous media in modeling of penetration into porous ceramic / B.A. Galanov, V.V. Kartuzov, and S.M. Ivanov -- Computer modeling of shock wave propagation in SiC -- sample / V.L. Bekenev ... [et al.] -- Ballistic impact damage observations in a hot-pressed boron carbide / J.C. LaSalvia ... [et al.] -- Characterization of microstructural damage in silicon carbide processed via modified chemical vapor deposition / H.T. Miller ... [et al.] -- Effects of grain size, shape and second phases on properties of sintered SiC / P.G. Karandikar ... [et al.] -- Indenter elastic modules and Hertzian ring crack initiation / K.T. Strong, Jr. ... [et al.] -- High frequency ultrasound of alumina for high strain-rate applications / S. Bottiglieri and R.A. Haber -- The effect of particle size, particle loading and thermal processing conditions on the properties of alumina reinforced aluminum metal matrix composites / Allyn L. McCormick, Michael K. Aghajanian, Andrew L. Marshall -- Pressureless sintering of B₄C-SiC composites for armor applications / Rosa Maria da Rocha, Francisco C.L. de Melo -- A portable microwave interference scanning system for nondestructive testing of multi-layered dielectric materials / K.F. Schmidt, Jr. ... [et al.] -- Destructive testing and nondestructive evaluation of alumina structural ceramics / Raymond E. Brennan, William H. Green, James M. Sands -- Nondestructive evaluation of as fabricated and damaged encapsulated ceramics / William H. Green, Raymond Brennan, and Robert H. Carter -- Microstructural study of sintered SiC via high frequency ultrasound spectroscopy / A.R. Portune and R.A. Haber -- Impact damage analysis in a level III flexible body armor vest using XCT diagnostics / Joe Wells, Nevin Rupert, and Murray Neal -- Impact onto glass and glass ceramic bars / Stephan Bless ... [et al.] -- Numerical study of the effect of surface stresses of transparent ceramics of laminated targets for military armor applications / Costas G. Fountzoulas ... [et al.] -- Analyses of various damage mechanisms in transparent armor subject to projectile impact / Kevin C. Lai, Xin Sun, and Douglas W. Templeton -- Pressureless reaction sintering of AION using aluminum orthophosphate as a transient liquid phase / Michael Bakas, Henry Chu -- ALON® transparent armor / Lee M. Goldman ... [et al.].
- 9780470457559 (hbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 8021803