Meeting students where they live [electronic resource] : motivation in urban schools / Richard L. Curwin
- Curwin, Richard L., 1944-
- Alexandria, Va. : ASCD, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (ix, 181 pages)
- Gale virtual reference library
- The difficulty of motivating urban youth -- Ten quick strategies to increase motivation -- Twelve killers of motivation and their remedies -- Punishments, threats, and rewards -- Creating hope in students -- Welcoming all students to school and class -- Building motivating lessons -- Energizing ourselves -- Effort-based evaluation -- Improving homework completion -- The relationship between behavior and motivation -- For the administrator -- Conclusion: A place where dreams come true -- Ten books worth reading -- Appendices. A: Phonics challenge worksheet -- B: Texture drawing worksheet -- C: Landscape installation challenge worksheet -- D: Measurement challenge worksheet -- E: Pre-Algebra equations challenges worksheet -- F: Math challenge worksheet -- G: Social Studies challenge worksheet.
- 9781416610533 (electronic bk.), 1416610537 (electronic bk.), 9781416609568 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 1416609563 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 169-174) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 8037673