Function estimates [electronic resource] : proceedings of a conference held July 28-August 3, 1985 / J.S. Marron, editor
- Conference Author:
- Conference on Function Estimates (1985 : Humboldt State University)
- Providence, R.I. : American Mathematical Society, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- ix, 178 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Marron, James Stephen, 1954-
American Mathematical Society
Institute of Mathematical Statistics
Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
- Contemporary mathematics, 0271-4132 (p), 1098-3627 (e); v. 59
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access is restricted to licensed institutions.
- Logspline density estimation / Charles J. Stone and Cha-Yong Koo -- Statistical encounters with $B$-splines / Wolfgang Dahmen and Charles A. Micchelli -- Estimation of a transfer function in a non-Gaussian context / K. S. Lii and M. Rosenblatt -- Evaluating the performance of an inversion algorithm / Finbarr O'Sullivan -- Harmonic splines in geomagnetism / Robert L. Parker -- Problems in estimating the anomalous gravity potential of the Earth from discrete spatial data / K. P. Schwarz -- What regression model should be chosen when the statistician misspecifies the error distribution? / Wolfgang Hardle -- Approximation theory of method of regularization estimators: applications / Dennis D. Cox -- Partial spline modelling of the tropopause and other discontinuities / Grace Wahba -- Choice of Smoothing Parameter in Deconvolution Problems / John A. Rice -- Regression approximation using projections and isotropic kernels / David L. Donoho and Iain M. Johnstone -- Will the art of smoothing ever become a science? / J. S. Marron --
- 9780821854037 (google)
0821850628 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- "The Conference on Function Estimates was held at Humboldt State University, Arcata, California ... sponsored by the American Mathematical Society, the Institute of Mathematical Statistics, and the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics"--T.p. verso.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographies.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access : World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 8038829