Inverse problems [electronic resource] : theory and applications : INdAM Workshop on Inverse Problems and Applications, June 3-9, 2002, Cortona, Italy : Special Session at AMS-UMI First Joint International Meeting on Inverse Boundary Probles and Applications, June 12-16, 2002, Pisa, Italy / Giovanni Alessandrini, Gunther Uhlmann, editors
- Conference Author:
- INdAM Workshop on Inverse Problems and Applications (2002 : Cortona, Italy)
- Providence, R.I. : American Mathematical Society, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- v, 215 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Alessandrini, Giovanni, Uhlmann, Gunther, 1952-, and AMS-UMI Joint International Meeting on Inverse Boundary Problems and Applications (1st : 2002 : Pisa, Italy)
- Contemporary mathematics, 0271-4132 (p), 1098-3627 (e); v. 333
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access is restricted to licensed institutions.
- Size estimates / Giovanni Alessandrini, Antonino Morassi and Edi Rosset -- Uniqueness in the inverse conductivity problem for thin imperfections weakly or strongly conducting / V. Bacchelli, C. D. Pagani and F. Saleri -- Asymptotic formulas for perturbations in the electromagnetic fields due to the presence of thin inhomogeneities / Elena Beretta and Elisa Francini -- A resolution study for imaging and time reversal in random media / Liliana Borcea, George Papanicolaou and Chrysoula Tsogka -- Optimal three cylinder inequalities for solutions to parabolic equations with Lipschitz leading coefficients / Luis Escauriaza and Sergio Vessella -- Some problems for the application of inverse techniques to environmental modeling / Mauro Giudici -- Uniqueness and stability in the Cauchy problem for the elasticity system with residual stress / Victor Isakov, Gen Nakamura and Jenn-Nan Wang -- Using a Hankel function expansion to identify stiffness for the boundary impulse input experiment / Lin Ji and Joyce McLaughlin -- On the uniqueness of solutions of higher order nonlinear dispersive equations / Carlos E. Kenig, Gustavo Ponce and Luis Vega -- Reconstruction of a manifold from electromagnetic boundary measurements / Yaroslav V. Kurylev, Matti Lassas and Erkki Somersalo -- Direct and inverse problems for second-order integro-differential operator equations in an unbounded time interval / Alfredo Lorenzi and Eva Paparoni -- Geometrical optics for generic anisotropic materials / Clifford J. Nolan and Gunther Uhlmann -- Linear approaches in microwave tomography / M. Piana and M. Bertero -- Optical tomography in weakly anisotropic scattering media / Alexandru Tamasan -- Inverse problems in three-body scattering / Gunther Uhlmann and Andras Vasy --
- 0821833677 (acid-free paper), 9780821879238 (electronic), 9780821833674 (print), and 9780821856680 (google)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access : World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 8039102