Quadratic forms [electronic resource] : algebra, arithmetic, and geometry / Ricardo Baeza [and others], editors
- Conference Author:
- International Conference on the Algebraic and Arithmetic Theory of Quadratic Forms (2007 : Frutillar, Chile)
- Providence, R.I. : American Mathematical Society, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 408 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Baeza, Ricardo, 1942-
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access is restricted to licensed institutions.
- $H^1(X,\nu )$ of conics and Witt kernels in characteristic 2 / Roberto Aravire and Bill Jacob -- Pythagoras numbers and quadratic field extensions / Karim Johannes Becher and David B. Leep -- On perfection relations in lattices / Anne-Marie Berge and Jacques Martinet -- Linear independence of local densities of quadratic forms and its application to the theory of Siegel modular forms / Siegfried Bocherer, Yumiko Hironaka and Fumihiro Sato -- Representation of reduced special groups in algebras of continuous functions / M. Dickmann and F. Miraglia -- Solubility of Fermat equations / T. D. Browning and R. Dietmann -- Multiplicative properties of integral binary quadratic forms / A. G. Earnest and Robert W. Fitzgerald -- Effective structure theorems for symplectic spaces via height / Lenny Fukshansky -- Orthogonal involutions on algebras of degree 16 and the Killing form of $E_8$ / Skip Garibaldi -- The first Zariski cohomology group of the Witt sheaf over a split simply connected simple algebraic group / Stefan Gille -- On families of testing formulae for a pp formula / Pawel Gladki and Murray Marshall -- Siegel modular forms of small weight and the Witt operator / Tomoyoshi Ibukiyama and Satoshi Wakatsuki -- On isotropy of quadratic pair / Nikita A. Karpenko -- Specialization of forms in the presence of characteristic 2: first steps / Manfred Knebusch -- Representation of integers by special positive definite integral quadratic forms / Winfried Kohnen -- Hyper-isotropy of bilinear forms in characteristic 2 / Ahmed Laghribi and Pasquale Mammone -- A historical view of the Pythagoras numbers of fields / David B. Leep -- The extensions of $\Bbb R$-places and application / Michal Machura and Katarzyna Osiak -- Essential dimension / Alexander S. Merkurjev -- On the Pfister number of quadratic forms / R. Parimala, V. Suresh and J.-P. Tignol -- Martin Kneser's work on quadratic forms and algebraic groups / Rudolf Scharlau -- Enumerating perfect forms / Achill Schurmann -- Reduction mod $l$ of theta series of level $l^n$ / Nils-Peter Skoruppa -- On a reciprocity theorem of Gauss / Lynne H. Walling -- A bound of the number of reduced Arakelov divisors of a number field / Takao Watanabe and Ryusuke Yoshimitsu --
- "This volume presents a collection of articles that are based on talks delivered at the International Conference on the Algebraic and Arithmetic Theory of Quadrutic Forms held in Frutillar, Chile in December 2007." "The theory of quadratic forms is closely connected with a broad spectrum of arenas in algebra and number theory. The articles in this volume deal mainly with questions from the algebraic, geometric, arithmetic, and analytic theory of quadratic forms, and related questions in algebraic group theory and algebraic geometry." --Book Jacket.
- 9780821846483 (alk. paper)
0821846485 (alk. paper)
- "Algebraic and Arithmetic Theory of Quadratic Forms, December 13-19, 2007, Frutillar, Chile."
"This volume presents a collection of articles that are based on talks delivered at the International Conference on the Algebraic and Arithmetic Theory of Quadratic Forms held in Frutillar, Chile in December 2007"--P.  of cover.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access : World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 8039260