Symplectic topology and measure preserving dynamical systems [electronic resource] : AMS-IMS-SIAM Joint Summer Research Conference, July 1-5, 2007, Snowbird, Utah / Albert Fathi, Yong-Geun Oh, Claude Viterbo, editors
- Conference Author:
- AMS-IMS-SIAM Joint Summer Research Conference (2007 : Snowbird, Utah)
- Providence, R.I. : American Mathematical Society, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- ix, 177 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Fathi, Albert
Oh, Yong-Geun, 1961-
Viterbo, Claude, 1961-
- Contemporary mathematics, 0271-4132 (p), 1098-3627 (e); v. 512
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access is restricted to licensed institutions.
- A Hofer-like metric on the group of symplectic diffeomorphisms / Augustin Banyaga -- $C^0$-rigidity of Poisson brackets / Michael Entov and Leonid Polterovich -- Six questions, a proposition and two pictures on Hofer distance for Hamiltonian diffeomorphisms on surfaces / Frederic Le Roux -- Order structure on action minimizing orbits / John N. Mather -- Loops in the Hamiltonian group: a survey / Dusa McDuff -- The group of Hamiltonian homeomorphisms and continuous Hamiltonian flows / Yong-Geun Oh --
- The papers in this volume were presented at the AMS-IMS-SIAM Joint Summer Research Conference on Symplectic Topology and Measure Preserving Dynamical Systems held in Snowbird, Utah in July 2007. --
The aim of the conference was to bring together specialists of symplectic topology and of measure preserving dynamics to try to connect these two subjects. One of the motivating conjectures at the interface of these two fields is the question of whether the group of area preserving homeomorphisms of the 2-disc is or is not simple. For diffeomorphisms it was known that the kernel of the Calabi invariant is a normal proper subgroup, so the group of area preserving diffeomorphisms is not simple. Most articles are related to understanding these and related questions in the framework of modern symplectic topology. --Book Jacket.
- 9780821848920 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access : World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 8039279