Famous American naval officers / by Charles Lee Lewis ...
- Lewis, Charles Lee, 1886-1951
- Boston : L.C. Page & company incorporated, 1944 [i.e.1945]
- Rev. ed.
- Physical Description:
- 3 preliminary leaves, v-x pages, 2 leaves, 415 pages : frontispiece plates, portraits ; 21 cm.
- Famous leaders series
- Paul Jones and the beginning of our navy.--Stephen Decatur and the Barbary corsairs.--Isaac Hull and "Old Ironsides".--David Porter and the cruise of the Essex.--Oliver Hazard Perry and the war on the Great Lakes.--Thomas Macdonough and the battle of lake Champlain.--Matthew Calbraith Perry and the awakening of Japan.--David Glasgow Farragut and the civil war.--Alfred Thayer Mahan, the historian of sea power.--Robert Edwin Peary and naval exploration.--George Dewey and the war with Spain.--William Sowden Sims and our navy in the first world war.--Ernest Joseph King and the second world war.--A selected bibliography (p. 401-404).
- Bibliography Note:
- Bibliography: pages 429-432.
- Action Note:
- Rebound. 20080321. Grantville, PA 17028. Wert Bookbinding, Inc.
Deacidified. 20080417. liquid. Cranberry Township, PA 16066. Preservation Technologies Inc.
View MARC record | catkey: 804030