Belle, the last mule at Gee's Bend : a Civil Rights story / by Calvin Alexander Ramsey and Bettye Stroud ; illustrated by John Holyfield
- Ramsey, Calvin A.
- Somerville, Mass. : Candlewick Press, 2011.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume (unpaged) : color illustrations ; 27 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Stroud, Bettye, 1938- and Holyfield, John
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- In Gee's Bend, Alabama, Miz Pettway tells young Alex about the historic role her mule played in the struggle for civil rights led by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Includes factual information about the community of Gee's Bend and Martin Luther King, Jr.
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968—Fiction
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968—Juvenile fiction
- Civil rights movements—Fiction
- African Americans—Fiction
- Mules—Juvenile fiction
- Civil rights movements—Juvenile fiction
- African Americans—Juvenile fiction
- Alabama—History—1951-—Juvenile fiction
- 9780763640583 and 0763640581
View MARC record | catkey: 8041910