Mentoring strategies to facilitate the advancement of women faculty [electronic resource] / Kerry K. Karukstis ... [and others] ; sponsored by the ACS Division of Chemical Education
- Washington, DC : American Chemical Society, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- viii, 196 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Karukstis, Kerry K.
American Chemical Society. Division of Chemical Education
- ACS symposium series ; 1057
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Machine generated contents note: 1.A Brief Synopsis of Volume Highlights / Kerry K. Karukstis -- Initiatives at the Institutional Level -- 2.Facilitating the Advancement of the Next Generation of Women Faculty: Female Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Associates / Shannon Watt -- 3.Adapting Mentoring Programs to the Liberal Arts College Environment / Brenda Johnson -- 4.Initial Impacts of an NSF Advance-IT Award to Rutgers University from the Viewpoint of the Camden Campus / D. Valentine -- 5.Mentoring Pathways / Marie W. Wooten -- Institutional and Interinstitutional Initiatives -- 6.Mentoring Initiatives for Two-Year College Faculty / Kerry K. Karukstis -- 7.Support from Academe: Identifying Departmental and Institutional Resources, Policies, and Infrastructure to Support Senior Women STEM Faculty / Carol Ann Miderski -- 8.Why Does Mentoring End? / Barbara Whitten -- 9.Women Chemists Web: Building Strength through Connections / Carol Ann Miderski -- National Initiatives -- 10.Development of a Horizontal Peer Mentoring Network for Senior Women Chemists and Physicists at Liberal Arts Colleges / Anne-Barrie Hunter -- 11.Promoting Mentoring among and for Women in Chemistry: The Experiences of COACh / Geraldine Richmond -- Recommendations for Individuals -- 12.Integrating Work and a Personal Life: Aspects of Time and Stress Management for Senior Women Science Faculty / Nancy S. Mills -- 13.Enhancing Your Professional Presence / Julie T. Millard -- Indexes -- Author Index.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 8044951