Battlefields of the Civil War : National Geographic / distributed by Bella Terra Publishing in cooperation with National Geographic Society
- Corporate Author:
- National Geographic Society (U.S.). Cartographic Division
- Additional Titles:
- Battlefields of the Civil War
Panel title: National Geographic battlefields of the Civil War : historic 1961 map locates every battle, campaign and major event of the Civil War
- Rhinebeck, N.Y. : Bella Terra Publishing ; Washington, D.C. : National Geographic Society, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : color ; 52 x 68 cm, folded to 23 x 10 cm + panel sheet (1 page ; 23 x 10 cm)
- Additional Creators:
- Bella Terra Publishing, LLC
- Relief shown by shading and spot heights.
On separate panel sheet: title, publishing information, barcode, ISBN, and specimen maps.
Reprinted 2011 cooperatively by Bella Terra Publishing and National Geographic Society.
"Copyright © 1961, 1974 National Geographic Society, Washington, D.C. Reprinted 2011"--Lower left margin.
"This map portrays the country as it was charted in 1863. It is based on a map on which General Grant marked his proposed lines of operations. Detailed maps of the principal battle areas are printed on the reverse side of the sheet, together with a map of the war in the Southwest."
Includes notes of historical information and ancillary map showing "Major offensives" of Union and Confederate armies.
On verso are 10 ancillary maps, with historical notes: War in the Southwest -- Cockpit of the Civil War -- Fort Sumter, 1861 -- Charleston Harbor -- Gettysburg -- Grant at Richmond -- Nashville to Atlanta -- Memphis to Huntsville -- Battles for Atlanta -- Vicksburg campaign.
Maps Library copy lacks panel sheet.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-MAPS copy: Purchased with funds from the Ruby Skinner Miller Atlas Fund; 2011.
View MARC record | catkey: 8047692