Jazz parades [videorecording] : feet don't fail me now / Association for Cultural Equity ; written, directed and produced by Alan Lomax
- [Portland, Ore.] : Media-Generation, ©2006.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (60 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Lomax, Alan, 1915-2002, Brown, Jim, Ellwood, Alison, Benjamin, Elisabeth Fink, Media Generation (Firm), PBS Video, Association for Cultural Equity, Columbia University, and Hunter College
- Jazz parades -- Origins of jazz -- Preservation hall -- History -- Social clubs -- Black Indians -- Blues -- Brass bands -- Funeral -- Credits.
- "Feet don't fail me now" is the theme song of the jazz revival of New Orleans. Alan Lomax looks at various cultural aspects of this city including Mardi Gras, the annual festival which celebrates the city's proud cultural and musical heritage.
- Related Titles:
- American patchwork (Television program)
- An episode from the five-program television series, American Patchwork which aired on PBS in 1991. The program was produced in 1990.
"American Patchwork series was developed by the Association for Cultural Equity at Columbia University and Hunter College."
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Camera, Jim Brown ; editor, Alison Ellwood ; series producer, Elisabeth Fink Benjamin.
- Technical Details:
View MARC record | catkey: 8047825