Doing more with less : the new way to wealth / Bruce Piasecki
- Piasecki, Bruce, 1955-
- Hoboken, NJ : Wiley, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 180 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Machine generated contents note: pt. I COMPETITION AND THE TANGLE OF SOCIAL NEEDS -- ch. 1 In the Company of Knuckleheads -- ch. 2 Scarcity and Creativity -- pt. II UNSTOPPABLE FRUGALITY -- ch. 3 The Art of Competitive Frugality -- ch. 4 Doing More with Less: An Essay on Freedom and Fate -- pt. III NEAR THE FUTURE -- ch. 5 An Idler in the City: Capitalism Is Where We Live -- ch. 6 Another Day Will Tell.
- "After the last set of business scandals and financial busts, many powerful interests and many influential people are asking questions about doing more with less, from governments to multinational corporations; they are seeking this realignment in hopes of regaining their balance. Doing More with Less is an actionable call to arms, with global insights--that are of immediate application to professionals in any industry--into new ways to better align money, people, and rules.Author, Bruce Piaceski, convincingly lays out the case for a return to frugality, providing relevant examples from his thirty years of experience as a management consultant and change agent. Piaceski deftly explains how this approach to competition is relevant, and provides readers with the framework to look at what's next without tottering toward failure"--
- 9781118172155 (hardback : acid-free paper)
1118172159 (hardback : acid-free paper)
- Includes index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Harrisburg copy: Purchased with funds from the Penn State Harrisburg Endowment; 2011.
View MARC record | catkey: 8048578