Carthage and Tunis, the old and new gates of the Orient / by Douglas Sladen... With 6 maps and 68 illustrations, including 6 coloured plates by Benton Fletcher
- Sladen, Douglas Brooke Wheelton, 1856-1947
- London : Hutchinson & co., 1906.
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : color frontispiece, illustrations, plates (6 color, 1 folded) maps, 2 plans (1 folded) ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Stevens, Ethel M., Whitaker, J. I. S. (Joseph Isaac Spadafora), 1850-, and Hanno
- I. Carthage: The description of Carthage in Appian's "Punic war". The Carthage of today. The cathedral and its environs. The Lavigerie museum at Carthage, by E. M. Stevens. Hanno's voyage round Africa -- The "Periplus", translated by T. Falconer. "Salammbô." Carthage before Hannibal. Hannibal. "Delenda est Carthago." The last of Carthage. The saints of Carthage. The Carthage Virgil [anonymous translation from the Aeneid, published in 1816].--II. Tunis: What I saw in Tunis. What others have seen in Tunis: The Jew in Tunis. Cemeteries and religious observatons. Superstition in Tunis, by E. M. Stevens. Bedouins, by E. M. Stevens. A Tunisian harem and the tombs of the beys, by E. M. Stevens. Sport ad camp-life in Tunisia, by J. I. S. Whitaker. A visit to Kairouan and Soussa, by Sylvia von Pernull. Other towns to visit in Tunisia. Tourist information.
- Paged continuously.
View MARC record | catkey: 812192