Dreaming the world [electronic resource] / Sorrel Hays
- Hays, Sorrel, 1941-2020
- Uniform Title:
- Works. Selections
- New York, N.Y. : DRAM, 
- Additional Creators:
- Buckner, Thomas, 1941-
Hays, Sorrel, 1941-
Essential Music (Musical group)
Ariadne String Quartet
Recorded Anthology of American Music, Inc
DRAM (Online service)
- Restrictions on Access:
- Digital content provided by DRAM; access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Structure 123 : electronic symphony via emulator IIIXP sampler (1995) (4:40) -- Dreaming the world : for baritone, piano, and percussion (1994) (35:37). U mah ah sur (8:39) ; Circling around (6:51) ; Water bug (11:04) ; Song for the dying (3:58) ; For the children (5:05) -- Take a back country road (1988) (16:13) -- Tunings (1981) (4:27).
- Streaming audio.
Electronic music (1st work); songs for baritone, piano, and percussion (2nd work); oboe, electronic saxophone, and synthesizer music (3rd work); and a string quartet (4th work).
Title from image of compact disc cover on Web page (viewed July 10, 2007).
"Recorded Anthology of American Music, Inc."
Program, biographical notes and song texts (19 p.) inserted in container.
Includes program notes.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Sorrel Hays, keyboards and electronic saxophone (3rd work) ; Thomas Buckner, baritone (2nd work) ; Joseph Kubera, piano (2nd work) ; Essential Music (2nd work) ; Brian Charles, oboe (3rd) ; Ariadne String Quartet (4th).
- Data/Place of Event:
- Dreaming the world was recorded at the American Academy of Arts and Letters; Tunings was recorded at Vanguard Studio; Take a back country road was recorded in concert at Experimental Intermedia, New York City.
- Other Forms:
- Also available as compact disc; previously issued as New World Records 80520-2.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: Web browser; QuickTime 6.5.2 or later.
View MARC record | catkey: 8153775