American harpsichord music of the 20th century [electronic resource].
- Kroll, Mark
- New York, N.Y. : DRAM, 
- Additional Creators:
- Chaucer, Geoffrey, -1400
Armstrong, Nancy (Soprano)
Weiss, Alan (Musician)
Creditor, Bruce, 1953-
Harrison, Lou, 1917-2003
Zwilich, Ellen Taaffe, 1939-
Read, Gardner, 1913-2005
Piston, Walter, 1894-1976
Trimble, Lester, 1923-1986
DRAM (Online service)
- Language Note:
- The 6th work sung in Middle High English (words by Chaucer).
- Restrictions on Access:
- Digital content provided by DRAM; access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Six sonatas for cembalo / Lou Harrison (19:00) -- Fantasy for harpsichord / Ellen Taaffe Zwilich (6:45) -- Fantasy-toccata : for solo harpsichord / Gardner Read (6:55) -- Sonatina for violin and harpsichord / Walter Piston (13:00) -- Yizkor and Anima aeterna : for flute and harpsichord / Robert Starer (12:00) -- Four fragments from the Canterbury tales : for high voice and flute, clarinet and harpsichord / Lester Trimble (17:00).
- ["00:19:00", "00:06:45", "00:06:55", "00:13:00", "00:12:00", "00:17:00"]
- Streaming audio.
The 6th work is a solo cantata.
Title from image of compact disc cover on Web page (viewed July 10, 2007).
Biographical and program notes and text of 6th work in modern English ( p.) in container.
Includes program notes.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Mark Kroll, harpsichord ; with Nancy Armstrong, soprano (6th work) ; Carol Lieberman, violin (4th work) ; Alan Weiss, flute (5th-6th works) ; Bruce Creditor, clarinet (6th work).
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded Dec. 26-27, 2000, Brooks Concert Hall, College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, Mass. (1st-4th works) and Jan. 6, 2001, Sonic Temple, Boston, Mass. (5th-6th works).
- Other Forms:
- Also available as compact disc; previously issued as Albany TROY457.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: Web browser; QuickTime 6.5.2 or later.
View MARC record | catkey: 8154248