Paul Chihara [electronic resource].
- Chihara, Paul, 1938-
- Uniform Title:
- Works. Selections
- New York, N.Y. : DRAM, 
- Additional Creators:
- Endo, Akira
Watson, Kenneth (Percussionist)
Pershing, Karen Ervin
Turetzky, Bertram, 1933-
De Varon, Lorna Cooke
Chihara, Paul, 1938-
Philadelphia String Quartet
New England Conservatory Chorus
DRAM (Online service)
- CRI American masters
- Language Note:
- The 7th work sung in Latin, English and Hebrew; the 8th in Latin.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Digital content provided by DRAM; access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Concerto for saxophone & orchestra (13:25) -- Forest music for orchestra (12:53) -- Willow, willow (10:17) -- Logs (6:05) -- Branches (6:32) -- Driftwood (7:28) -- Missa carminum brevis (Folk song mass) (12:39) -- Magnificat (5:52).
- ["00:13:25", "00:12:53", "00:10:17", "00:06:05", "00:06:32", "00:07:28", "00:12:39", "00:05:52"]
- Streaming audio.
Principally instrumental works; the 1st for saxophone and orchestra; the 2nd for orchestra; the 3rd for bass flute, tuba, percussion and trombones; the 4th for double bass; the 5th for 2 bassoons and percussion, the 6th for string quartet; the 7th-8th for unacc. chorus (mixed and women's voices, respectively.
Title from image of compact disc cover on Web page (viewed July 10, 2007).
Compact disc; analog recording.
Includes program notes.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- In the 1st-2nd works: Louisville Orchestra ; Akira Endo, conductor ; with (1st work) Harvey Pittel, saxophone. In the 3rd work: Sheridon Strokes, bass flute ; Roger Bobo, tuba ; Kenneth Watson, Karen Ervin, Paul Chihara, percussion ; Craig Kupka, Robert Ose, Kenny Sawhill, trombones. In the 4th: Bertram Turetzky, double bass. In the 5th: Arthur Weisberg, Donald MacCourt, bassoons ; Kenneth Watson, percussion. In the 6th: Philadelphia Quartet. In the 7th-8th: Chorus of the New England Conservatory ; Lorna Cooke deVaron, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded, variously, July 1970 and Jan. 1979; originally released as analog discs (CRI SD 269, SD 409; Louisville First Edition LS-677, LS-781).
- Other Forms:
- Also available as compact disc; previously issued as CRI CD 815.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: Web browser; QuickTime 6.5.2 or later.
View MARC record | catkey: 8154574